Terms and conditions
The terms and conditions below relate to use of the Management and Business Studies (MBS) Portal.
Please also see the main British Library website terms and conditions of use.
These terms and conditions are governed by English law under the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. They reflect the terms of the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and any amending legislation.
- acknowledge all sources (i.e. cite others' work properly)
- keep my username and password secure and not allow anyone else to use them
- use the content on the MBS Portal only as permitted under the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 or any amending legislation. Basically, this means you can use the content for non-commercial purposes such as education, research or private study, or in the course of your work - but you must not provide copies of the content (other than as permitted under the 'fair dealing' provisions of the Act), sell it or use it to create a commercial product. Please see the Act for full details.
I will not:
- redistribute, repurpose or republish any content without the copyright-holder's express written permission
- download more than 50 documents from the site on any one day, or 100 documents in any one four-week period.
I understand that any breach of these terms and conditions will result in my access to the MBS Portal being withdrawn.